The salad is great alone with the chicken as a side dish.
- 1 TBS lime juice
- 1 TBS unsweetened apple juice
- 1 TBS Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (Ancho is mild and sweet)
- 1 c torn spinach
- 1 c torn romaine
- 1 c chopped tomato (seeded)
- 1/2 c julienne sliced jicama
- 1/4 c thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 TBS Monterrey jack cheese shredded
- 3 oz grilled chicken breast (or whatever chicken or steak left over from the night before)
- blend in food processor and set aside
- Mix tomato, jicama and zucchini in a separate bowl. Place greens on the plate, top generously with the tomato mixture. Add Chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle to your hearts content with dressing.
Marinate firm tofu in dressing for 1 hour. Brown in non stick skillet until golden. Add to salad and toss with remaining dressing.