Meet Our Team
Community Midwifery Services, founded in 1995, is a group centered practice providing midwifery service to the community and operating as a community. We are dedicated to the education, support, and care of women in the childbearing years and beyond. The Midwifery Model of Care is a reasonable option for low-risk women. It offers them shared decision-making, a family-centered experience, and the opportunity for a fulfilling, empowering birth. CMS is committed to providing access to comprehensive, evidence-based care.
Meet the Midwives
Michelle Hernandez, CPM, LM
Michelle became interested in midwifery after the birth of her daughter in 1986, and attended her first birth in 1987.
- Apprenticeship: Las Vegas, NV – 1991 to 1993
- Began practice in Oklahoma – 1993
- Passed the NARM National Exam – 1995
- Expanded credential to Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) – 2006
- Licensed in Oklahoma – 2020
Michelle strives to assist our clients in having the best birth possible by providing them with midwifery care or helping them to transition to a provider that best serves their individual needs.
Nicole (Nikki) Imes, CPM, LM, CranioSacral therapist
Nikki’s passion began her passion for birth at an early age, attending the home births of 2 of her siblings in 1997 & 2000.
- Began attending births as a doula – 2000
- Certified as a DONA Birth Doula – 2009
- Certified as an OMA Midwife’s Assistant – 2011
- Infant CranioSacral Training with Carol Gray – 2011
- Upledger CranioSacral Trainings CST1, CST2, SER1 & SER2 – 2011 to 2014
- Completed the OMA Senior Midwife requirements – 2016
- Certified as a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) – 2017
- Licensed in Oklahoma – 2020
Nikki believes that pregnancy and birth are powerful times in a woman’s life, and the role of a midwife is to support a woman in finding her own inner strength as she creates and brings forth her child.
Rachel Taylor, ASM, CPM, LM
Rachel Taylor was introduced to midwifery at age 10 when she attended the birth of her little brother at a birth center and midwifery school.
- Apprenticeship at Newlife International School of Midwifery – 2018-2021
- Associate of Science in Midwifery from the National College of Midwifery – 2022
- Certified Professional Midwife – 2022
- Licensed in Oklahoma – 2022
Rachel is passionate about embodying the “with woman” mindset of midwifery for the education and empowerment of mothers throughout the childbearing years. She loves getting to walk through these intimate moments with families, and bear witness to the positive outcomes they experience through the midwifery model of care.
Taelor Bueno, Student Midwife
Taelor began her interest in midwifery after the birth of her two children.
- Bachelor of Science from Texas Women’s University – 2017
- Completion of Doula Training – 2020
- CMS Apprenticeship Program – 2020
- Began Bachelor of Midwifery program from Midwives College of Utah – 2021
Taelor wants to help women achieve a physiologic birth and remind them of their own strength. She wants to assure them that they are in a safe space to do what only they can do, which is to birth their baby.
“The greatest joy is to become a mother…the second greatest is to become a midwife.” – Norwegian Proverb